by Jeffrey Lord
The president lies. So insisted the Reverend Jeremiah Wright in a taped interview with author Ed Klein for Klein’s book on Obama titled The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House. As the latest revelation of a White House e-mail surfaces — which some are calling a smoking gun from the Benghazi scandal — the picture of a White House that flatly lies no matter the subject continues to sink Mr. Obama in the polls.
It is worth going back to the Reverend Wright to have a better understanding of what’s going on here. Klein was granted an interview with Obama’s longtime mentor, and as part of that interview Wright tells the story of the blow-up that occurred when videotaped sermons from Obama’s Trinity United Church of Christ finally exploded into conservative media view. Obama, now in mid-campaign, took a secret break to confront the reverend in Wright’s Chicago living room. The conversation did not go well, with Obama asking Wright in essence to disappear from public view. Wright says this of the moment when Wright refused the suggestion:
Barack said, "I’m sorry you don’t see it the way I do. Do you know what your problem is?" And I said, "No, what’s my problem?" And he said, "You have to tell the truth." I said, "That’s a good problem to have. That’s a good problem for all preachers to have. That’s why I could never be a politician."
So here we are, five and a half years later, and the country has learned of these deliberate lies:
• Health Care: The president told Americans repeatedly that they could keep their doctor and keep their health insurance if they liked them.
• Benghazi: Yes, in fact, contrary to repeated denials, the White House did in fact prep then-UN Ambassador Susan Rice to go out on those five Sunday news shows and blame the Benghazi attacks on an Internet video.
• The IRS: No, the IRS targeting of conservative groups was not the work of “rogue agents” in Cincinnati. In fact, the scandal was operating at the very top of the IRS itself with Lois Lerner, who in turn had been conniving with the Department of Justice...
[Read the whole article at this link.]
Welcome to the Reading Room
Here are some news stories and articles which might be of interest to you. I've posted the opening section, and if you want to read more, you can click on "Read the whole article" to go to the original item. You'll find a variety of things here -- current news, political analysis, opinion pieces, articles about religion -- things I've happened to read and want to share with you. It's your Reading Room, so take your time. Browse. You're certain to find something you'll want to read.
Visit my blog...
- The Cloud in the Machine
- End of the European Dream?
- The Internal Repression Service
- The Inconvenience of History
- Hashtag Diplomacy Jumps the Shark
- Satan and Man at Harvard
- The Great War Revisited
- Common Core: Bad Program, Bad Politics
- Hillary Clinton and Boko Haram
- Israel's Christian Problem
- Swapping DNA in the Womb
- Let Us Pray
- The Triumph of Nice
- Obama's Smoking Gun
- Politics versus Education
- ▼ May 2014 (15)
- ► 2010 (54)
- Fr. Christopher George Phillips
- Fr. Phillips is the founding pastor of Our Lady of the Atonement Catholic Church, the first Anglican Use parish, established on August 15, 1983. Not that there is any confusion, but he is on the left, shown in his younger, less gray-headed days.