by Patriarch Fouad
First of all, I want to welcome you, all the journalists gathered here today, and thank you for the good but difficult work you perform. Through this work you have the opportunity to seek and serve the truth. Many journalists have paid and continue to pay a real cost to their lives due to their dedication to the truth. Information is not neutral. It has a real ethical dimension. Through informing the readers about what happens in the world, you help them to have an objective and ethical evaluation of the events themselves. Thank you and welcome.
Christmas approaches. Therefore I wish peace and Grace to all the inhabitants of this Holy Land: Palestinians and Israelis, Christians, Muslims, Jews and Druses. I extend these greetings to our faithful in Jordan and Cyprus who are also part of this diocese. The Birth of Christ offers several values to meditate upon: peace, hope, love, sharing, hospitality, compassion and human dignity... Read the whole article.
Welcome to the Reading Room
Here are some news stories and articles which might be of interest to you. I've posted the opening section, and if you want to read more, you can click on "Read the whole article" to go to the original item. You'll find a variety of things here -- current news, political analysis, opinion pieces, articles about religion -- things I've happened to read and want to share with you. It's your Reading Room, so take your time. Browse. You're certain to find something you'll want to read.
Visit my blog...
- ► 2010 (54)
- The boy who paints like an old master
- 2009: The Anglican Year of Living Dangerously
- The Story of the Man and the Birds
- Sen. Lautenberg Declines To Say Where Congress Get...
- Urbi et Orbi Message of His Holiness Pope Benedict...
- Ronald Reagan: Christmas Address to the Nation
- Thou SHALT shoplift: Priest tells congregation it'...
- Christmas Message 2009
- First Jesus-Era House Found in Nazareth, Israel
- Anglicanorum Coetibus: A Glorious New Era of Chris...
- Popes Pius XII, John Paul II declared 'venerable'
- Legion of Christ discloses Fr. Maciel's plagiarism...
- The Catholic case against health-care reform
- God Is Relevant; The Art of Desecration
- Remembrance, and Maybe Sainthood, for Bishop Fulto...
- The Most Boring Man in the World?
- Pope to preach in Westminster Hall
- Rowan Williams cannot now prevent an Anglican schi...
- The Anglo-Catholic
- Pope, Russia agree to upgrade diplomatic ties
- The Divorce Myth
- ▼ December 2009 (21)
- Fr. Christopher George Phillips
- Fr. Phillips is the founding pastor of Our Lady of the Atonement Catholic Church, the first Anglican Use parish, established on August 15, 1983. Not that there is any confusion, but he is on the left, shown in his younger, less gray-headed days.