by Dr. Jeff Mirus
I see three challenges in Bishop Thomas Tobin's public rebuke of Congressman Patrick Kennedy in an open letter on November 12th. With respect to his pro-abortion stance, Kennedy had asserted that “the fact that I disagree with the hierarchy on some issues does not make me any less of a Catholic.” Bishop Tobin replied, point blank, that this simply is not true. The three challenges I see in this are for Kennedy, Bishop Tobin himself, and the American bishops as a body... Read the whole article.
Welcome to the Reading Room
Here are some news stories and articles which might be of interest to you. I've posted the opening section, and if you want to read more, you can click on "Read the whole article" to go to the original item. You'll find a variety of things here -- current news, political analysis, opinion pieces, articles about religion -- things I've happened to read and want to share with you. It's your Reading Room, so take your time. Browse. You're certain to find something you'll want to read.
Visit my blog...
- ► 2010 (54)
- Mosul: Christian buildings attacked, Church of Sai...
- Kill the Bills. Do Health Reform Right.
- CRU’s Tree-Ring Circus
- The $698,000 mistake
- The Bad Business of Planned Parenthood
- A Danger in Dubai
- Proclamation Establishing Thanksgiving Day
- Manhattan Declaration: A Call of Christian Conscie...
- Happy Franksgiving
- Catholics set up a task force for huge Anglican ex...
- Kennedy says RI bishop banned him from Communion
- Saturday Night Fever
- Archbishop tells Pope: there will be no turning ba...
- Bishops discuss authority over Catholic colleges
- Obama’s Prissy America
- Good news: Obama creates 30 new jobs in one congre...
- The Bishops at the Cliff: Tobin's Challenge
- Archbishop of Canterbury claims higher taxes would...
- The Rationing Commission
- The Cardinal and the Constitution
- Pope Benedict Putting Church On Path To Unity
- ▼ November 2009 (21)
- Fr. Christopher George Phillips
- Fr. Phillips is the founding pastor of Our Lady of the Atonement Catholic Church, the first Anglican Use parish, established on August 15, 1983. Not that there is any confusion, but he is on the left, shown in his younger, less gray-headed days.